Women Build 2017
Since 1991, Women Build volunteers from all walks of life have come together to build stronger, safer communities. Our future homeowners are largely comprised of women and children who most often have been affected by poor living conditions. Our Women Build events provide the opportunity for women to take a proactive step in helping other women improve their living situations. Your involvement makes a huge difference helping our homeowners achieve a more stable and secure life.
As part of National Women Build Week, Habitat for Humanity MetroWest/Greater Worcester is holding our own Women Build event to help empower and serve our female community. During National Women Build Week, more than 17,000 women will come together across the U.S. to help families in need of affordable housing. Locally, we are expecting over 200 women to raise walls and build together. Will YOU help us build stronger, safer communities?
Important details about Women Build:
- No experience necessary! We have staff and regular volunteers on site who will train and lead you in your build activities. We’ll provide all the tools you’ll need, but you are welcome to bring your own well marked tools if you’d like.
- This is one of our largest fundraisers of the year. To participate in Women Build we ask that you help us engage in peer to peer fundraising, or sponsor a team. Our FirstGiving site is easy to use and allows you to quickly and conveniently share why you are involved in this event.
- Men are welcome to join us! While the overall goal of Women Build is to achieve significant female participation, we certainly welcome everyone to build.
- You will make a difference. No matter how you support Women Build, know that you are making a difference for women, your community, and the world.
How to Join the Event:
Visit www.firstgiving.com/6406/womenbuild2017 to register!
Not able to join us for this event? You can still invest in the Women Build mission by visiting the link above and clicking the “Donate” button. Your financial support of Women Build will support our continued efforts to provide safe, decent, affordable homes for families in need.
Dates and Locations:
May 2nd – 6th, 18th, and 19th will be at 68/72 Chamberlain Street in Holliston.
Just 5 spots left on May 3rd!
May 9th – 13th, 17th, and 20th will be at 33-39 Main Street in Northborough. Volunteer opportunities still available on May 12th and 17th. Sign up today!
About Your Participation:
- First, register for your date and location using the link above and create your own fundraising page. Use this page to ask your friends and families to support your effort to empower women. We suggest a fundraising goal of $500 – this is just $50 from 10 friends!
- Will this be your first time on a build site? Consider joining us in either Worcester or Framingham to learn safety basics and familiarize yourself with power tools at a Lowe’s Clinic in late April. See more information below!
- Your build day will run from 8:30am – 3:30pm with a morning break and lunch at noon. Lunch will be provided!
- Make sure to wear closed toed shoes and clothes to work hard in! All other gear and equipment will be provided.
Become a Women Build Sponsor:
Sponsors will have the opportunity to select a day during the event to have volunteers on site. Payment options for sponsors include peer-to-peer fundraising and will be discussed further after contacting a Development Director listed below.
For sponsors interested in the Holliston location contact:
MetroWest Development Director Bonnie Biocchi at email@example.com or 508-799-9259 x 108
For sponsors interested in the Northborough location contact:
Greater Worcester Development Director Deborah Huegel at firstname.lastname@example.org or 508-799-9259 x 118
Thank you to this year’s generous sponsors!
In addition to supporting our affiliate, Lowe’s is a National Women Build Week sponsor supporting the event with over a million dollars in funding. Learn more about Lowe’s incredible support here.